South Florida Business Litigation Attorney - You Can Rely on Jeffrey D. DeCarlo, P.A.
We know that Florida business owners are bright, self-reliant, and driven. But any number of issues can come up that may require the help of an experienced business tort attorney in Miami-Dade County. All too often, business transactions can become extremely complex and contentious. Sometimes a competitor breaks the law to gain an unfair advantage. Even an amicable relationship can turn contentious. A discussion over business contracts or intellectual property can suddenly turn into a heated conflict. You may need help with a breach of contract or fraud claim.
In many cases, the other business or individual likely will have a lawyer protecting his or her interests. That's why it's wise to consult with a business litigation attorney. Level the playing field. Find out how knowledgeable attorney Jeffrey D. DeCarlo can help.
At the Law Office of Jeffrey D. DeCarlo, P.A., a small "boutique" law firm, we have much of the experience and resources available to larger firms. As a business tort attorney with more than 20 years of experience, Jeffrey DeCarlo gives his clients the benefit of extensive experience in a large, successful litigation firm setting. His experienced team of legal professionals is prepared and equipped to represent officers, shareholders and business entities in a wide range of civil litigation matters.
Types of cases we handle
Business tort laws provide remedies when you have been harmed by the wrongful conduct of another. A business tort claim may include, but is not limited to, the following circumstances:
- Fraud - Fraud involving deceitful practices that cause economic injury.
- Unfair competition - When a competitor competes engages in fraudulent, deceptive or dishonest trade practices that cause economic harm.
- Breach of contract - When the terms of a contract are unfilled by one or more parties.
- Breach of fiduciary duties - When a trustee causes a violation which harms the beneficiary.
- Defamation - When someone's action damages the good reputation of another individual (slander or libel).
- Tortious interference - When a person intentionally damages the plaintiff's contractual or other business relationships)
- Misappropriation of trade secrets - When a company tries to discover another company's trade secrets through unlawful methods.
- Shareholder disputes - Disputes involving shareholders arise for any number of reasons, including but not limited to breach of directors' duties, the company's strategy and management, and dividend polices.
- Non-competition agreements - When one party, typically an employee, agrees not to enter into or start a similar profession or trade in competition against another party, usually the employer.
- Trademarks - An individual or business may need assistance with trademark registration to protect a brand, or may need an attorney for trademark infringement, which may cause financial harm to the trademark holder.
- Cyber piracy - When companies or individuals engage in deceptive practices to profit from online users.
How a business dispute lawyer in Florida can help you
Professional missteps have serious consequences. Our experienced legal team knows that a complex business dispute or disagreement can put everything on hold for your business. You could be starting a business, selling a company, or need help with a business dispute or commercial transaction. You might feel the odds are stacked against you. Contact our Miami law firm today to learn about your legal options. Our legal professionals can help you prepare and review legal documents, contracts, by-laws, policies and regulations that guide your company or partnership.
An experienced business tort attorney in Coral Gables, Jeffrey D. DeCarlo represents businesses in Miami-Dade County and throughout Florida. Jeffrey DeCarlo offers competitive hourly rates for business litigation matters. As someone running a business in South Florida, you have rights. Let us stand up for you. Call the Law Office of Jeffrey D. DeCarlo, P.A., at (305) 572-0065 or contact us online.