Talcum Powder and Ovarian Cancer - Discover the Facts, Protect Your Rights
Questions about whether talcum powder increases the risk for women of developing ovarian cancer continue to be an important concern. If you suspect you or a loved one has developed ovarian cancer due to talcum powder, contact us. We want to discuss your legal options.
As your Miami-Dade County ovarian cancer lawyer, attorney Jeffrey D. DeCarlo can explain your rights and work with you to develop a strategy that addresses you specific legal needs. Contact our personal injury law firm today. A delay could affect your ability to be fairly compensated.
Does talcum powder cause ovarian cancer?
Talcum powder made from talc (which contains magnesium, silicon and oxygen) in personal home products has been asbestos free since the 1970s, according to the American Cancer Society. Before then, in-home talcum powder contained asbestos, "a substance known to cause cancers in and around the lungs when inhaled," according to the American Cancer Society.
Talcum powder containing asbestos can still be found in some industrial products or in its natural form. As a result, talc miners "are at higher risk from lung cancer from breathing them in," according to the American Cancer Society.
However, studies linking modern asbestos-free talcum with ovarian cancer have produced "mixed" results, according to the American Cancer Society. In particular, the ACS' analysis showed that talcum powder users are at a significantly elevated risk of ovarian cancer.
What should I do if I suspect I have ovarian cancer due to talcum powder?
Take your concerns seriously right from the start. If you suspect you have developed ovarian cancer due to talcum powder, we strongly urge you to take the follow steps:
- Look for warning signs of ovarian cancer - These include:
- Abdominal pain
- Upset stomach
- Urgent need to go to the bathroom
- Contact your doctor immediately - Even if you are not sure if you have ovarian cancer, it's always better to take action early. Contact your doctor and schedule an appointment immediately. The sooner you can begin treatment for ovarian cancer, the better.
- Bring talcum power to doctor - Show your doctor exactly what talcum powder you have been using and explain how you have been using the talcum powder. Every detail matters when it comes to determining if and how you developed ovarian cancer.
- Gather evidence - This step can cover a wide range, from keeping a journal detailing exactly how you physically feel and any other symptoms of a serious health problem caused by talcum powder. Information is power. The more details you have, the better.
- Contact us - As your lawyer, we can make sure your case receives the attention it rightfully deserves. We will not rest until justice is served.
How can an ovarian cancer attorney help me with my case?
You might think you don't need a lawyer to handle your ovarian cancer case. If you suspect talcum powder caused your ovarian cancer, you might think you can deal directly with the company that manufactured this product.
Don't be so sure. Most corporations hire entire teams of lawyers to handle such complicated cases and pay injury victims as little as possible. That's why it's critical you have an aggressive attorney on your side that knows how to handle such cases and has the case results to prove it.
Give your case an edge. Contact Jeffrey D. DeCarlo today. Call (305) 572-0065 and schedule a free case evaluation. We can work with you and help you get the compensation you rightfully deserve. We know what evidence to look for and we know how to build strong cases.